1. Assume that Amélie is their favourite film.
2. Ask them if they are going to be a translator or a teacher.
3. “The subjunctive is easy!”
4. Be a linguistic and comedic genius by saying “voulez vous coucher avec moi.”
5. Ask if they eat snails and frogs legs.
6. Assume they’re a romantic.
7. Think that we’re all posh and rich, and spend the summer with Granny in Cannes.
8. Expect that all we read is Camus and are all, consequently, #existentialists.
9. Think that the phrase “oral exam” is still funny and not, actually, dread-inducing.
10. Constantly ask “how do you say___ in French!” for your own amusement.